4.3L Vortec V6

Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Saturn, Geo, Holden, Vauxhall, etc.
biqut2
MegaSquirt Newbie

4.3L Vortec V6

Post by biqut2 »

ECU: Megasquirt II PCB v3.0
Engine: 4.3L Vortec V6
Ignition: Ford EDIS6
Fuel: Stock CPI

Just got this up and going yesterday. Right now its bolted to an engine stand, getting ready to go into my '83 RX-7. The engine has been sitting on the stand for 12+ months without running and surprisingly fired right up on the first crank with the base map. Idles decent too.
dbc105
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 4.3L Vortec V6

Post by dbc105 »

can you post details about your setup? or if you have a website with your project. I have a '92 S-10 Blazer with a 4.3 Vortec with CPFI and I think the PCM is about to that a crap and I am looking at going to MS if I can see how it applies to the CPFI. I would still use the stock distributor. Thanks David Clark
biqut2
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by biqut2 »

Sure I can get you any details you need. I don't have a website or build log though. I'd rather share on here to give back to community. I did have it running on the stock dizzy but I like the edis setup better and in my application, it gives a lot more clearance at the firewall. The easiest way to setup this is to bank fire the injectors, pull the tach signal off the crank position sensor, and direct fire the stock coil and distributor. Most of the SBC info on DIYAutoTune directly applies to the 4.3.
DesertSurfing
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by DesertSurfing »

I would like to know more about this setup as well. I am putting a 4.3L Vortec in my cherokee and am planning on running a MS-II to control it. Can you take a snap shot of your ve table, afr table and ignition table for us. I have my MS built and am bench testing it, in the next couple of weeks I will get it installed and running hopefully. :RTFM:
dcg9381
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by dcg9381 »

Put me in line for that request too. A 4.3L is a common swap in the Toyota world.
I'm looking at a 1997 Vortec CPI, which has that single "spider" injector. I can handle the ignition (although maps, etc would be useful). I want to know how you're treating the CPI injector... Settings, etc.
22returbo.net
1981 Toyota 22r Supercharged (fuel only)
1981 Supercharged 22R
1988 Toyota 22RE Turbo (SnSE 029t MT 2.25 )
1988 22RE turbo