TT SBC

Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Saturn, Geo, Holden, Vauxhall, etc.
n20junkie
MegaSquirt Newbie

TT SBC

Post by n20junkie »

Well I have been into Megasquirt since my second tour in Afghanistan. I started when you ordered the boards direct from Bruce and Al. Everyone has been SOOO helpful, and after 9 years of work, off and on, my monster lit today. Its a V2.2 with MS II and every output being used for a 1,200 HP TT, nitrous, methanol injected SBC in a Buick Regal. The MS controls the fans, shifter, nitrous, water injection, and EDIS. Its an amazing system that keeps growing.

This thing had nothing but the basic parameters, and she lit off and idled soo sweet. I CANNOT thank Bruce, Al, and everyone else here for the help. I can't wait to get it going down the track. It will be sporting a HUGE megasquirt sticker somewhere on it. Here it is as it sits.

I have installed 2 MS units that I have built, and both of them lit the engine with only basics on the first key turn. These things are fuel cars that would NEVER run on a carb. Awesome work guys!
R100RT
Helpful Squirter

Re: TT SBC

Post by R100RT »

Very professional, one can see a lot of work went into her.
Is that 321ss on the turbo manifolds?
Can I ask you how you are controlling your water injection through MS? I'm just entering that phase of upgrade to my project and had been thinking I'd regresss back to an analog approach (Hobb's switches, etc.)
Lorne
n20junkie
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by n20junkie »

The headers are s" 304L, some day it will be 321. But everything is built by myself, so I'm proud of em.

The MSII controls the water injection through an output (injection LED used to drive a relay) that will activate the water if the RPM is above idle and the manifold pressure is positive. Then there is a hobbs switch in the water line that will sense the rise in pressure, indicating that the water is indeed flowing, and will send a 12v signal to the MSII to switch tables to a more agressive tune, only if its getting its water. This will hopefully prevent a pump failure to cause a burned motor.

A mod of mine.

R100RT
Helpful Squirter

Post by R100RT »

Running races, exhaust temps altho high will not be the same as daily driving and extended load conditions (as for example long mountain passes) - only reason I mention the 321. "Burns Stainless" actually had a pretty good selection of 321 mandrel bent and shaped product that wasn't priced too much higher than 304.
Good plan with the feedback, I've been thinking about just an indicator light to prove water injection taking place, and my boost levels not radical either.
Excellent project you have there 8)
gump
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by gump »

Great job!Its good to see guys who can build stuff like this all on their own.
ccmc
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by ccmc »

TT SBC this is an awesome setup. I am glad to see other guys going the drag route. I have a blown 500 cad that I am racing King of the Street with. I was wondering if you could send me your start up settings. I tried to start my motor this weekend and it seems like it is lean on start up. I have some other issues to work out. But would like to see someone elses settings to see if I am close on mine. You are gonna be making quite a bit more power than me but it would be close. Thanks for any help.