Tibo (Mark Burton) 1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Saturn, Geo, Holden, Vauxhall, etc.
tibo
MegaSquirt Newbie

Tibo (Mark Burton) 1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

Post by tibo »

Name: Tibo, Mark Burton

Vehicle: 1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

Engine: 355 cid 5.7 liter V8. Flat top hypereutectic antifriction/heat coated Keith Black Pistons with Moly rings. . 9.8:1 Compression Ratio bored .030 over. deck milled .010 All ARP bolts and studs Double roller timing chain, LT4 "Hot" cam .525 lift and 518/528 duration at .050, Comp cams pushrods, 1.6 roller rockers, Trick Flow Specialties Kenny Dutteweiler aluminum heads, Total emissions delete

Tranny: Heavy duty T-5 with a spare T-5.

Exhaust: Hooker Super Competition Long tube Ceramic coated headers. TRUE dual exhaust. Cheap glass pack muflers

Ignition: MSD everything with 6A box. Even managed to fit a Vacuum advance distributor behind a stealthram!

Air/fuel: Holley (Walbro) 49 lbs lbs per hour fuel pump, stainless steel braided 6-AN line SLP 25 lbs/hr injectors. Holley AFPR. Holley Stealth Ram with AFPR

ECM: MegaSquirt stand alone fuel managment. Soon to be MSII.

Rear end: Borg Warner nine bolt with 3.45 and 1LE discs

Suspension: Energy suspension. Doors are starting to rub, in need of SFCs.

Multi-port fuel injection. Holley Stealth Ram

I used Mega Squirt for the first time starting up my newly rebuilt engine. It was hard work and lots of thinking, but thanks to Lance and many others I am still running Mega Squirt and am VERY proud of it. The car is a blast to drive.
tibo
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by tibo »

Turns out I had to pull the old 355 because of a rod knocking. I pulled it back in December of 2004 and got the "new" motor in by Janurary. So I was able to build a 305 for it:

Short block: Stock GM 305 shortblock that was rebuilt with exception of a LT-1 cam.

Heads: 081 casting heads that have been ported and polished, fitted with comp cams valvesprings, valves and roller tipped rockers.

Exhaust: Same as before.

Intake: Ported and siamesed to the max GM Tuned Port Induction using stock injectors at a psi of 50.