Roydsracing Pontiac 455 Trans Am

Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Saturn, Geo, Holden, Vauxhall, etc.
roydsracing

Roydsracing Pontiac 455 Trans Am

Post by roydsracing »

Name: LeRoy Marsh
Car: 1979 Pontiac Trans Am ws6
Engine: 1972 455 with ported 6x heads, Comp cam #XE284H-10, 36" long tube headers, Edelbrock Performer RPM Manifold, T56 6-speed transmission
Rons throttle body.

Car started right up last night. Still tuning today. The only problem I had was that my son syphoned all the gas out my car and I didn't even look at the gas gauge when it quit... just kept fooling with the tuning until my wife asked about the gas gauge. Ford EDIS is next, just bought the stuff on Ebay last night. Now just gotta wait for the MSII.
The car in Pheonix http://www.pontiacheaven.org/Pontiac_He ... _1_171.jpg
If you see 455 6pd on the licence plate It be me
roydsracing

Post by roydsracing »

Update.. Been a while but I finally took a few pics and I'm going to try to post them here since I have had a few requests about how I installed the EDIS. I ran the EDIS since about July and have been happy with it. I ran the local Street Legal Drags every Thursday and every other Saturday with no trouble. The car will run high 11's @121. That's with a 2 second sixty foot time. This year I'm working in the suspension and adding nitrous.

To mount the EDIS stuff I made a mount out of 3/4" aluminum that bolted on the fuel pump mount and used a pickup from a Crown Vic. I machined the back of the damper to give a true surface to mount a spacer and bolted the 36-1 wheel to the spacer. I bought the wheel on Ebay from a guy who lazer cut them from mild steel plate. It is a tight fit but it does work without any cutting on the timing cover. The coils are mounted to the right head with an aluminum bracket I made. I'm running MS1 Extra 2.25b514 right now. The hardest part is the plug wires. I made a set by taking the Ford ends and putting them on the Pontiac wires. Just been too lazy to order up the stuff to make a nice set from Magnacore. Check out my Datsun story for the other EDIS install (Nissan for you young guys)[/img]
roydsracing

Post by roydsracing »

The whole engine and car...
roydsracing

Post by roydsracing »

What happened to the pictures?