MegaSquirt Newbie

Ford Mondeo Duratec V6

Post by dridders »

Vehicle: 97 Ford Mondeo Wagon
Engine: 2.5l Duratec V6 24V, no mods
Injection: Port injection, 17lb injectors, stock injection system
Ignition: stock 36-1 trigger wheel with EDIS6 & MS2
Description:
Now equipped with a MS2V3 connected using the fabulous EEC-V-adapter-board by MegaScott. Final target is to modify the MS2 so it controls petrol, CNG and LPG injection for the car. The car is equipped with everything needed for that already, right now LPG and CNG are controlled by two Landi Renzo Omegas systems which use the injector pulses of the petrol ECU as input. And surprisingly: this also works with MS2, even though it doesn't do sequential injection (and the Omegas are told to be sequential only). But some day I'll have it all controlled by MS2, 2 sets of injectors, 3 fuel sources, 3 fuel- and timing tables... I hope it all fits ;-) I'll be using MS2extra for my development
Last edited by dridders on Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Marcel
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Marcel »

Any luck already?
dridders
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by dridders »

Forgot to update. The MS is controlling all 3 fuels natively for a long time already (running since December 2006). Works really good, but still have difficulties with my two LC-1 controllers. Most of the time they refuse to operate and throw error codes, especially if I go to higher loads (more than 3500 rpm or WOT). I'll replace them with a different controller soon and then hopefully can complete the setup and go for a dyno.
Firmware is now based on MS2Extra 1.0.0, but adopted to have 3 dual bank ve tables, 3 afr tables and 3 advance tables. Also of course an input to switch between the fuels, gas temperature sensor and soon also gas pressure sensor.
AE86Taylor
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by AE86Taylor »

I have a cougar with a 2.5 duratec in it, and it runs VERY rich stock. I was thinking about putting a MS2 in it. Any chance I could get some more info on your setup?

Thanks

Taylor
dridders
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by dridders »

Of course, what do you want to know? By the way, the LC-1 are now replaced by a JAW controller
AE86Taylor
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by AE86Taylor »

Is it possible to get the car running with MS if I was to just make a jumper harness from the MS to the stock harness? Or would I have to run new wires to the motor? Did you remove the secondary throttle bodies?

I'm wanting to try to get this running with the least amout of headaches as possible.

Thanks

Taylor
dridders
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by dridders »

No new cables necessary, I'm using the EEC-V-Adapter by MegaScott. I've connected an EDIS to it internally, but you can also use the MS directly to control ignition, all needed signals are there. I left the secondaries in, as they're a great improvement in the lower revs. Tried it with all time open secondaries, but the engine had noticable less torque below 3500 revs. So I connected the IMRC to a spare output of the MS and control the secondaries that way. You just have to ground one wire to open them, or leave it floating to close them.
So if you want it simple and reverseble, ask MegaScott for one of his great adapters, get an EEC-V from the scrapyard or ebay which gives you the case and the connector, and then enjoy using MS :-)
AE86Taylor
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by AE86Taylor »

Thanks for the info, I'll have to look into it some more. And I can't seem to find a price for the EEC-V adapter.

How high did you set your redline on your setup?

Any chance I could get a copy of your files?

Thanks again

Taylor
dridders
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by dridders »

I used factory setting, so 6950. My MSQ wont help you, as I'm using a modified firmware to drive my car with those three fuels. I can send you the petrol table which you can import into your msq, but I'll need about 1 or 2 month to tune that table, right now I've only tuned CNG and LPG (no one drives petrol if he's not forced to ;-)) and I'm waiting for the second JAW before I switch over to tune petrol. Right now it works at idle and the lower cruise regions, but not at load (much to rich). I can also send you screenshots of the other settings once your setup is ready.
For the adapter send an email to Megascott (his address is at www.megaefi.com. I got mine for free, as it was a beta board at that time.
AE86Taylor
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by AE86Taylor »

Ok. Thanks