92 Mustang 306,TFS H/I/C 42lbinjectors ,255fuel pump Turbo!

Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Merkur, etc.
92notch
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by 92notch »

Got it running last night with a pretty good tune i made. I need to readjust my Fuel pressure because my duty cycle was too high i will have a nice tune bye next wed. So if any one here has a similar set up like mine above (NA) if i could help you out PM me and i can send you my tune.

I have to say it runs great and smooth and i already feel more power that wasnt there with the stock CPU.

UPDATE: See my SIG car is now Turbo ,Running MS 1V3 like before but now with HI-RES CODE
Last edited by 92notch on Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
UNTAMND
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by UNTAMND »

How is the project going, have you got it tuned well. I have just gotten my 94 mustang together FINALLY, and was wondering if I could get your tune to load into my car for a startup. I have also just finished a friends 2.3 turbo ranger, that fired right up nicely and idled with just a tweak of the tb. I have had issues with my mustang already though, #8 cylinder got red hot for some odd reason, but i couldnt figure it out. I have the original ms eec4 adaptor board, but I just bought the new version so I can put it together myself. Anyway, I figured id ask and get an update on your car as well. Any help would be awesome.
94 GT 5spd Custom Built TWIN Turbo System and MS
67 Mustang Fastback 390 c6 dual quad
You know the "RED" area of the tach???....Thats called..."The FUN ZONE"
92notch
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by 92notch »

hi
the project is going well i got a nice tune for my NA setup. but right now i am
putting a single turbo kit on so that tune will change after that is done.

The only problem i have is cold starts i get the IAC to keep the idle up but when it hits a certain temp the idle will come down like it should and surge then stall. this will stop once the car is warmed up and it will hold idle real nice. i need to fix that spot in the warm up process its just a pain in the bum
if you have a cold start setup i can use that would be great if yours works better after you get it running .
I will mail you my tune just send me your email address this way you will have a good starting point.
thanks
Paul
UNTAMND
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by UNTAMND »

I am new at the ms tuning, but i have wired it into 3 cars so far, lol. My 94 mustang is what needs the tune, and it is a built sb with alum heads and cam and so on, on the engine dyno perf rpm intake and race carb, it put out 400hp. I am just concerned that with this expensive engine that ill mess it up right off the bat and that is why I wanted to get a tune frome someone who has their car somewhat running. I have another engine being built in my shop right now, for a twin turbo setup ill be building very shortly. My last engine i had in the car was a stock 5liter with a single turbo and the anderson pms, and that made 400whp easily with no intercooler, but i popped it when i decided a 150 shot was a good way to make up some time on the dragstrip; Needless to say, it wasnt.

My email is UNTAMND@gmail.com Any help would be fantastic.
94 GT 5spd Custom Built TWIN Turbo System and MS
67 Mustang Fastback 390 c6 dual quad
You know the "RED" area of the tach???....Thats called..."The FUN ZONE"
92notch
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by 92notch »

Hey
I will send you the file this weekend when i get home from work. Just remember my car is a 306 with what the title says so it may be alittle on the rich side and you will have to lower the values from there but it will def get your started especially the timing. so i will send you and email with the file and let me know how you make out. it will be from mustangnotch92@yahoo.com

good luck man keep me posted
92notch
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 92 Mustang 306,TFS H/I/C 24lbinjectors ,255fuel pump, 65mmTB

Post by 92notch »

The car has now been updated with everything in the SIG still running MS 1 V3 but now with HI-Res 10g code. I will post my MSQ shortly. Car is running strong!
92 Mustang Notchback
DSS 306 ,TFS heads,intake and Stage 1 Cam
65mm TB, 42lbinjectors
B&G Custom Turbo Kit with t-67 garret turbo @7psi
MS 2 V3 extra code 3.1.1
93notch
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 92 Mustang 306,TFS H/I/C 24lbinjectors ,255fuel pump, 65mmTB

Post by 93notch »

Hey i am working on a similar setup as yours and was wondering how you are liking the MS setup. I am thinking about getting 1 but i am using some stock heads for now, want to get some TW heads. But anyway i am also using the BG kit and a 70mm turbo, Just looking for some insight as to how you are liking it and i may see if you can help set up my squirt. you can send it as an email if you dont wnat to cluster your page,
ascholz_2003@yahoo.com
92notch
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 92 Mustang 306,TFS H/I/C 42lbinjectors ,255fuel pump Turbo!

Post by 92notch »

Update : See the SIG
92 Mustang Notchback
65mm TB, 42lbinjectors
MS 2 V3 extra code 3.1.1
92notch
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 92 Mustang 306,TFS H/I/C 42lbinjectors ,255fuel pump Tur

Post by 92notch »

here is my updated msq.i am using closed loop idle now but i'm still working on it so if you download my MSQ you can just set it to "Warmup only"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
92 Mustang Notchback
65mm TB, 42lbinjectors
MS 2 V3 extra code 3.1.1
92notch
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by 92notch »

UPDATE:
Upgraded to MS2 running 3.1.1 extra code with PID idle control
Same parts as in the title with 42psi of fuel pressure.
Idle is perfect Cruise is pretty close just have a few more logs to go though and a Few more rounds with VE ANALYZE live and it should be great, The WOT in boost areas are pretty rich until i can get it to the dyno for the fine tuning around 10.9afr in boost.
My tune is attached hope it can help some of the Mustang guys out. Any questions please feel free to email me or PM me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
92 Mustang Notchback
65mm TB, 42lbinjectors
MS 2 V3 extra code 3.1.1