Twin Turbo 91 5.0

Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Merkur, etc.
madscientist
MegaSquirt Newbie

Twin Turbo 91 5.0

Post by madscientist »

Having good sucess with my 91 5.0 mustang so far. My setup is a stock 5.0 HO with ported heads and a explorer intake running a cheap turbo kit I bought off e-bay all running with a MS2 ver 3.0. I know dont beat on me I never had much money when I done this setup but it works amazingly well for what it is and how much money I spent on it. I rebuilt the engine to freshing things up bored it 30 over and ported the heads. I still have a lot of changes to make to free up some hp such as throwing the stock throttle body in the junk, changing my intake so I can get some cool air in the motor and bringing my boost up to 10 pounds. My last dyno pull made 340hp with 420 torque but ran into boost falling off up top due to cheap wastegates. After I put on a good boost controller it seems to hold much better and I think it will defiently improve my hp numbers. So when I get a few things fixed up I'll be back to the dyno and update this post. If anyone got any questions I can help them with feel free to ask me.
a73camaro
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Twin Turbo 91 5.0

Post by a73camaro »

madscientist
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by madscientist »

Not sure how to upload an imagine. Tried to attach it as a file but that didnt work. If I figures it out I will upload a few
a73camaro
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by a73camaro »

kholman
Site Admin

Post by kholman »

madscientist wrote:Not sure how to upload an imagine. Tried to attach it as a file but that didnt work. If I figures it out I will upload a few
You can link if you have it posted somewhere like photobucket.
Instructions for attach are here: http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=34965
If that doesn't work, it may be that the file is too large. Try reducing it.
Forum Admin Team
hiperf402
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by hiperf402 »

what size injectors are you running? I have 60 lb/hr for 12 psi 355sbc and they seem too big. Could I get your tune map for a base? I would appreciate it sooooo much. I can't seem to get mine running correctly. I plan on running 12 psi. So my tune should be close to yours.
355 SBC Twin Turbo .63 turbine .60 compressor
MSII v3.0 board running ver 2.890 code
Tech edge wideband
knock enabled
tuned-port injection 65 lb/hr injectors