Rodney Sparks, 1997 Plymouth Neon ACR

Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, Eagle, Jeep, AMC, etc.
Rodney Sparks
MegaSquirt Newbie

Rodney Sparks, 1997 Plymouth Neon ACR

Post by Rodney Sparks »

Name: Rodney Sparks

Vehicle: 1997 Plymouth Neon ACR Sedan

Engine: 2.0l SOHC 4-cylinder, Iceman intake pipe, ported head, Crane #12 camshaft, Mopar Performance valve springs, 10.4:1 CR, DOHC muffler and 2.5” exhaust.

Injection: Stock 19 lb/hr high-Z port injectors.

Description: My daily driver since January 2000, this car is completely function over form. Well, at this point, it’d ‘function’ better with Koni struts that aren’t completely worn out, but besides that, it’s a decent little car.

MS Installation: My MegaSquirt is a v2.2 RS Autosport board, running fuel only for now, but using the 420A crankshaft decoder as an RPM input. I’m planning on adding spark soon, now that fuel is tackled. I’m running a TechEdge 2A0 wideband controller, which made tuning a BREEZE. Steve Peterson (baneonrt) and I only spent a total of an hour or so actually playing with the VE table in order to achieve the desired A/F in all achievable conditions. Still gotta refine the acceleration enrichment, but it drives pretty well with AE disabled, so that’s just a detail. The MS is installed over the top (physically) of the stock injector harness and all stock sensors are left intact, so switching back to the stock PCM is just a matter of unplugging the MS injector connectors and plugging in the stock ones, with the simulated narrow band EGO sensor output of the TechEdge unit keeping the PCM happy.

Website: No website set up yet… Gotta get my camera outside when the car is actually clean, and that doesn’t happen too often. Hell, I’ve been selling MegaSquirt ECU’s since July of 2004 and I just now got around to getting one installed (12/05), so when do I have time to wash the car???
Since July '04. Lifetime warranty on all products!
Come see our NEW SITE! Many new products added!