Mikael "turbolover1" Lundström´s Audi 100 TQ -88

turbolover1
MegaSquirt Newbie

Mikael "turbolover1" Lundström´s Audi 100 TQ -88

Post by turbolover1 »

I converted my Audi for almost 1 year ago from CIS to Megasquirt with extra code. The MS controls both fuel and ignition and it runs well using the old 024s code.

Stock MC1 2226cc 5cyl 10 valve engine, K26 turbo, 346cc injectors (S4), homemade fuelrail, Ford FPR, Ford tps, MC2 intercooler, 3" downpipe thru fake-cat til rear axle then 2,5" with single rear muffler, Bosch bypass valve (plastic from SAAB), camshaft from 2,2 -86 non-turbo, modified stock aircleanerbox with K&N replacement filter, open crankcase vent.

It now runs with 1bar boost because the Ford FPR doesn´t allow me to increase the fuel pressure over 4,2 bar@ 100kPa...if i do so the regulator blocks in boost and pressure rises above control.

I am surprised that most 5000 i see here uses stock exhaust manifold, i am ready to throw mine in the thrashbin!! Does it really work well in high boost??? Thats the reason i signed in here.....to get some ideás and pictures from the big guys "over there" about manifolds....well well :)

Best regards (and excuse my school-english) Micke in Sweden
turbolover1
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by turbolover1 »

Now my homemade exhaust manifold has taken shape, only the flange for turbo + wg left to do. Tomorrow (hopefully) my new Siemens 650cc injectors will arrive, then after manifold + turbochange the old 10valve will move more rapidly :)
Dave May
MegaSquirt Newbie

Audi 100 tq

Post by Dave May »

about to start my project it's a 100 tq 1990 mc2 engine now tired 250,000 miles I have a 1B 10 valve same engine realy,I have a 272 cam and I have built a Megasquirt 11 v3. cis will go I want to set up the ingition first but not seen anything on 5 cyl. can you tell me how you set your ign.up please or if you know where I can find out more thanks,how much power are you hopping to get with the 650cc injectors 8) Thanks
turbolover1
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by turbolover1 »

Why keep the CIS when you can throw it away?? The things you need for the ignition is a dizzy from any engine with KE-Jetronic (RT, AAR ex.) wich have the 5-lug hall rotor but no centrifugalweights, the proper Bosch ignitionmodule or a VB921 (read about that on the homepage) and the stock ignitioncoil. If you want to run COP its a bit more difficult......but i guess that´s overkill now??
My new injectors and the incoming new turbo will hopefully give me around 300-350 hp........i hope ;) (maximum)
turbolover1
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Mikael "turbolover1" Lundström´s Audi 100 TQ -88

Post by turbolover1 »

The new exhaust manifold and new T04E turbo is in place, installed in March a few days before our "iceraceday" on a frosen lake nearby. It runs quite well with 1bar boost so now i have turned in the adjustment on the wg a little bit 8)
But the boost increases with rpm so it requires a control pressure in the upper chamber of the wg valve. I´m running on E85 now and the injectors have a tough job, high dutycycle but also very rich mixture, when i checked it with wb O2 sensor it read 0.69-0.71 lambda in all boost areas....that is now fixed properly (almost). My crankcase ventilation needed a little fix because my cylinders are a bit worn, welded a cathtank with an aircleaner on top and it works well, if the crankcase pumps out oil it will flow down again....sweet :) i have now put my mods on the car aside because summer is closing in and my daycruiserboat with Chev 350 Mercruiser takes a lot of time in restoration.....hopefylly it will hit the water in 3 weeks, over and out from Sweden.
turbolover1
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by turbolover1 »

It´s been a while since i visited this page, now the boost has risen to 1.5bar with help from my homemade counterpressure-device to wg upper chamber. That works VERY well so in august i went to a nearby dragstrip for a test: only 1 run at 402m because of the hammering sound from my rear differentials bushing. The result wasn´t too bad after all, blocked both the center and rear differential and ran away. The clock stopped at 12.99s with 173km/h and 2.1 60feet caused by massive wheelspinn!!!The damn car took off sideways on 1st gear...well i should have bled some air from the tires but....
Now it´s equipped with an S4 intercooler, new bigger pipes from turbo via ic to the intake manifold, S4 seats which hopefully will make my body stay on the right side of the car at the icetrack in the winter :)
turbolover1
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by turbolover1 »

The "new" ic from Audi S4, slightly modified
turbolover1
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by turbolover1 »

Tighter front engine mount, and much more space behind the plastic bumper
turbolover1
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by turbolover1 »

And the really nice front seats......
dirtytorque
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by dirtytorque »

nice.
wish more people would post pics up with their threads.
great stuff.
MS2 g60 Corrado. 14psi.