Sudhir Desai, 1984 VW Vanagon GL

sudseh
MegaSquirt Newbie

Sudhir Desai, 1984 VW Vanagon GL

Post by sudseh »

Sorry it's a bit generic, but I have to go pick my cousin up from the airport in 10 minutes and I have to go edit the RPM enrichment settings.

Name: Sudhir Desai
Vehicle: 1984 VW Vanagon GL
Engine: 1913cc (117cid), H-4, 82bhp(4800rpm) and 105lb-ft(2600rpm), 7.3:1 compression
Injection: Stock port fuel injection, 22lb/hr (I think), MSnS-E.25q2 on a V2.2 main board in fuel only mode. I'm using the E-code so that I don't have to use a TPS.
Description: Until I can get around to re-running the stock battery cable, I have a few 16 guage power cables, fused on both ends running the length of the van interior. The ms is mounted behind a side-board in the trunk area and I have drilled a hole for the relay board cable to go down through the left-side air intake. Everything is hidden from the outside, and the only difference in the driveability is the rock-solid idle and the ability to rev smoothly to redline.

Pictures forthcoming.
sudseh
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by sudseh »

Here are some preliminary pictures.

Full view of megasquirt mounting location and engine compartment.

A closer look at how I mounted the MS unit.

The MAP location. (this hasn't been finalized yet since i'm currently looking into TPS solutions)

And finally, for those who have forgotten what the inside of one of these beasts looks like.
sudseh
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by sudseh »

As of a few months ago, I pulled the engine and am currently installing a 3.3l Subaru engine.