Finally got her to the point I think I can share my settings with everyone
MS1_Extra using EDIS Code 29V
Stock Sensors
Fidle mod - upgraded with a TIP122 Darlington Transistor to run stock Vr6 ISV

movie of the motor running
http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c22/P ... 192008.flv

EDIT: Had to redo bottom end of my original motor due to spun rod bearing

msq attatched
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Peter_M5 on Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
majic
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by majic »

Very nice! I should be tuning a 3.0L with 9:1 C/R here directly... is that just a 2.9L AAA, or did you bore it out?
Peter_M5
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Peter_M5 »

its bored out 1mm

I've refined the tune a little bit more.

The req_fuel is down to 16.2, which is where it "should" be.

Raised the idle to 700 rpm and spark and fuel table have been changed slightly. Runs awesome! Datalogs at 200 whp.

Attached is the refined msq
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Peter_M5 on Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
majic
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by majic »

I'll be using 36lb injectors, as I plan on scaling up the application to incorporate a supercharger once I get a stable tune. Do you think that I'll be able to use these, or should I start out with smaller injectors?
Peter_M5
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Peter_M5 »

my tune is for NA - you will need to add more aggressive timing then mine cuz I advanced the cams ever so slightly when I built the motor and used a mk 4 headgasket - basically bumping the compression around 10.7:1

The idle & cruise sections of the map should be ok but you will need to add values past 100Kpa to incorparate boosted values - to make sure your not running lean

How much boost will you be running? This dictates the fueling required.
Anything less then 5 lbs boost stock injectors are fine.
5-10 lbs boost your 36# injectors will be golden
majic
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by majic »

Peter_M5 wrote:my tune is for NA - you will need to add more aggressive timing then mine cuz I advanced the cams ever so slightly when I built the motor and used a mk 4 headgasket - basically bumping the compression around 10.7:1

The idle & cruise sections of the map should be ok but you will need to add values past 100Kpa to incorparate boosted values - to make sure your not running lean

How much boost will you be running? This dictates the fueling required.
Anything less then 5 lbs boost stock injectors are fine.
5-10 lbs boost your 36# injectors will be golden
I will just be running N/A at first, in order to get the motor started, and broken in (basically to get the rings seated). After that, i'll need to retune it for the supercharger... so you don't think that idle will be a problem with 36lb injectors?

I think I'm going to start with your tune... however, I'm running 9:1 CR pistons with a mk4 gasket, so I'm thinking that's closer to 9.5:1 CR. Thoughts? I'm not sure if JE Pistons' compression ratio calculations were done for MK3 gaskets or MK4 gaskets *shrugs*
Peter_M5
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Peter_M5 »

JE probably used the thickness of the Original Head gasket that is supposed to be on your car.

36 lb/hr is fine as long as you change that setting in the constants

try doing it two squirts alternating when first trying to make the car idle - my refined msq has that in place - but like I said change the injector size and you should be ok
dirtytorque
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 2.9L VR6 Running beutifully

Post by dirtytorque »

Hi Peter.
Great thread,interesting read.
Do you not think you can get away with more timing as your car is N/A?
Whats the VR's standard compression ratio then?
Did you tune it to the point that it detonates and then wind it back?

questions questions..
:)
MS2 g60 Corrado. 14psi.
Peter_M5
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 2.9L VR6 Running beutifully

Post by Peter_M5 »

yes my orignal tune was only "road tuned" - basically advanced ignition until pinging occured and then pulled back the timing till the motor sang.

I just installed some DRC 268's and had my transmission rebuilt with a Limited slip dif. Interesting tid bit of information I discovered that my cam timing is a little bit off from stock - I adusted my EDIS pickup with my cam timing and the idle became horriblely unstable - When I get home tonight I'll play with the iginition timing and set it back where I had it orignally and hopefully smooth out the tune for my new cams.