Kyle Landrith, 1986 Toyota 4WD Pickup

Toyota, Lexus.
toad007
MegaSquirt Newbie

Kyle Landrith, 1986 Toyota 4WD Pickup

Post by toad007 »

Name: Kyle Landrith
Vehicle: 1986/Toyota 4WD Pickup
Engine: 2.4L I4, Ported head, 1mm o/s valves, .040 over, thorley header, 22re head on turbo shortblock. Will be adding an offenahauser 4barrel intake with a supercharger mated ontop soon(Eaton M90 unit off of a ford thunderbird)
Injection: Port injection, stock EFI manifold, 460cc low-z RX-7 injectors
Description: 1.5" ball joint spacer lift and blocks, will get 63" chevy springs in the back and a 4" lift kit soon, 33x12.50 mud terrains, stock turbo tranny(short throw shifter :twisted: ) and transfer case,5.29 gears, CB, and some other junk. Using stock VAST ignitor and a pertronix coil controlled by MSnSe. Will be adding 4 LS-1 Coils(hmmm...could steal the coils off of the parents chevy trucks or our pontiac GTO??? :twisted: ) for sequential ignition when the blower gets bolted on. If the headgasket ever blows and I have an excuse to tear it down again, its getting forged rods and pistons and a N2O kit too.... 8)
toad007
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by toad007 »

Just a heads up for you would-be squirters out there...The Thorley headers have the oxygen sensor bung in one of the primaries. Which works fine for a Narrowband O2 sensor, however if you have an LC-1 or similar wideband, it wont. The LC-1 is wayyyy too fast to have it in one of primaries on the header. The O2 readings are all over the place like this, at least this has been my experience of narrowing down things. I have the stock narrowband on there now in place of the lc-1 til i weld a bung down by the collector. It doesn't jump around like the lc-1 did, but its a narrowband...soo. Although I think I am getting some midrange misses(around cruise) when I have lots of advance and low MAP. I think my plug gap is slightly too big(0.32,stock is .31) I'll narrow it down to like 0.30 and see if that helps.
toad007
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by toad007 »

Engine is running pretty good as far as megasquirt is considered. I had some low-midrange MAP issues because of my cam,so I had to richen things up in that area of the table. She gets 20mpg doing 60-65 on the freeway, which aint bad for a lifted yota on 33's with 5.29 gears. If I had 4.88 or 4.56's to turn the engine a little lower I know she could get 22-24 MPG on the freeway. I get awesome milage in city driving cuz of the decel and engine braking fuel cut with MS'nS-Extra.