Toyota, Lexus.
toydoctor72
MegaSquirt Newbie

Ryan Coberly, 1993 Pick-up with 1JZ-GTE

Post by toydoctor72 »

Name: Ryan Coberly
Vehicle: 1993/Toyota/Pickup
Engine: 1JZ-GTE 2.5L turbo charged inline six
Injection: MSn’S-E with coil on plug ignition coils from a 2ZZ-GE celica engine. MS is using the factory 12 tooth crank and 360 degree cam signals.
Description: I’m very pleased with the performance of the engine in the truck, Megasquirt has allowed me to keep this project very economical. I drive this truck on a daily basis, and I still use it as an utility vehicle for hauling. Big thanks to Mr. Bowling and Mr. Grippo and the countless other people that provide a simple yet powerful injection system for average people like me.

toydoctor72
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by toydoctor72 »

I was finally able to reach my goal of implimenting sequential coil on plug with my 1jz, and I'm very happy with how well the engine is running. I haven't changed any of my fuel or timing map settings, and noticed the light load 2500 rpm lean missfire (where A/F is at 14.7) has almost completely been eliminated. Upper rpm torque does not seem to fall off as quickly as before when I was running waist spark. I plan to dyno it again without changing any fuel or timing settings to see if there is any significant difference between the two setups.

Here is a MSQ file if any one is interested...
toydoctor72
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by toydoctor72 »

Well, I was finally able to work out some kinks that held me from the dyno. I can't believe how much of a difference sequential fire made over my old setup! With this much of a gain one could conclude that the timing was completely off when I was running batch fire COP. I did calibrate both setups with timing light to insure that the timing at idle was consistant with the values in the computer.

I also have met my original goal of 400whp that I had set when I started with this engine. I'm very pleased and this is a personal best for me in terms of max power from any Megasquirt project. Thanks again to Bowling and Grippo, and to James for writing awsome code.

This is my 400 whp pull @ 18 psi 93 octain fuel

wickedslowAE86
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by wickedslowAE86 »

How do you have the COPs configured? what, if any, dwell times are you running?
Just from looking at your dyno pull, you are running pretty rich, you could probably squeeze some more power and efficancy out of you bump your AFRs up a bit. There is an excellent article written by Innovate Motorsports about running extra rich and the mis-conscpetions about it...
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/resources/rich.php