James Buckle, '91 3S-GTE in Celica GT4 (now standalone)

Toyota, Lexus.
coyoteboy
MegaSquirt Newbie

James Buckle, '91 3S-GTE in Celica GT4 (now standalone)

Post by coyoteboy »

Running alternating 4 squirts on a 2.2 MS board with MSnS-Extra 29q as fuel only at the moment, standard Denso covering timing/knock control. Replaced cold start injector with GM open cage IAT and removed throttle body coolant feed to prevent sensor heat soak. Sharing coolant sensor with Denso, removed bias resistor and used easytherm to recalibrate. 300Ohm resistor on tach input, taken from dash feed. Running LC-1 wideband.

MS fitted entirely within a stock ECU case with connectors so it will be hot-swappable in case of problems.

Engine:
CT20b (ST205) turbo, running 15psi on stock ATA top mount intercooler.
440 injectors (pushed to the limits), soon to go to 540s.
Metal Head Gasket, 3" downpipe, 2.5" stainless Mongoose
K&N panel filter (soon to go to straight intake and cone)
Forge Twin Piston BOV.

Fired up first time on the suggested maps but took a while to get it right. Standard ECU was running 8.8:1 on 10-11 psi of boost, now got that to 12:1 at 15psi - considerably faster on the bum-dyno, no official results off RR yet though.

I want to take control of boost, ignition, TVIS and idle soon - when time allows - and after I've fitted a front mount take her up to 20psi on a second map and lower the first to 10psi for general driving to reduce the wear and tear.

Datalogs and MSQs in my sig, will update my website soon with some pics of the install.

Any help required - let me know :)
James
Last edited by coyoteboy on Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
MSnS-E29q On a V2.2 soon powering a 3sGTE with stock sensors hopefully to approx 300 bhp.
Datalogs and current MSQ -
http://www.jbuckle.homeip.net/
coyoteboy
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by coyoteboy »

Now running the engine standalone - using stock harness with a couple of additional wires plumbed in to cover the extra GM inlet temp sensor and wideband O2 in unused places on the stock ECU so i can truly plug and play. Its a lifesaver done this way too - had a non-starting fault when i didnt have the laptop handy to diagnose - swapped OEM ECU back in and up she fired right away and drove home.

Having some difficulty with adjusting VR and knock sensor circuits but getting there.
MSnS-E29q On a V2.2 soon powering a 3sGTE with stock sensors hopefully to approx 300 bhp.
Datalogs and current MSQ -
http://www.jbuckle.homeip.net/