2000 Toyota Hiace/granvia W/ 1UZ-F(T)E And ms-extra running

Toyota, Lexus.
MR2turbo
MegaSquirt Newbie

2000 Toyota Hiace/granvia W/ 1UZ-F(T)E And ms-extra running

Post by MR2turbo »

Markus Lundberg
2000 Toyota Hiace (originally 2L diesel)
Engine 4,0 V8 1uz-fe with a Holset HX35 turbocharger

This is the "early" 1uz with 10:1 comp and the stronger rods.

Used all original sensors
For the trigger I used original 12T crank wheel, grinded away one tooth. (12-1)
Replaced injectors with 440cc 7m-gte supra injectors.

MS1 with extra code controlling both fuel and ignition. I used original toyota coil drivers.

I'm into the coarse mapping phase now, but everything seems to work fine :)

I will attach my last "temporary" msq file :-) please note that the ignition adv. table is only used for coarse mapping purposes and NO high RPM, Load/ boost.
-EDIT- deleted old msq...

Cant wait to get to the dyno... :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MR2turbo on Tue May 27, 2008 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markus
devojet
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by devojet »

Can you tell me how you have wired the coil drivers to the MS including the circuit mods in the MS? I'm fitting an MS2 to a 1UZFE for my hot rod and would like to compare what I have done to how you have done yours. Mine isn't running yet.

Cheers

Daniel
A shed is never big enough.
MR2turbo
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by MR2turbo »

Devojet, I'm sorry I can't tell you about the circuit mods in the MS cause I haven't assembled it myself... It has been assembled by René @ http://www.turbomotor.dk

I connected the IGT signal cables to spark output A and Spark output B Then I left the IGF and Tach pins unused, and connected them to a switched 12V through a relay.
Then used the coil output as the negative coil wire.
PS. it's important to ground the ignition module housings...
Markus
podge
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 2000 Toyota Hiace/granvia W/ 1UZ-F(T)E And ms-extra running

Post by podge »

thank god for that, someone else with a turbo 1uzfe running megasquirt . my setup is basicaly the same as yours, but my ms will be driving ford coils direct and im using a 36-1 crank trigger wheel and two ct26a turbos. did you have any issues with the lexus sensors or did they run fine straight away all the best with this podge
MR2turbo
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by MR2turbo »

podge wrote:thank god for that, someone else with a turbo 1uzfe running megasquirt . my setup is basicaly the same as yours, but my ms will be driving ford coils direct and im using a 36-1 crank trigger wheel and two ct26a turbos. did you have any issues with the lexus sensors or did they run fine straight away all the best with this podge
Thanks, the same to you! :D there's really hard to find others running uz and ms.. What car do you run your 1UZ in? I did not have any issues with the sensors. Did only use 3 wires of the TPS and one coolant sensor. But I do have some issues with negative spikes on the tps signal and positive spikes on the colant and mat sensors. I used a 3sgte MAT sensor btw.. I'm into the troubleshooting for that, Will try to see if the alternator has something to do with it.

Do you Have a tuned ignition map for your engine? I cant find one anyplace... I'm looking for something to start with when I'm going to the dyno.. needs to get the fuel economy better..

Here's my latest msq file. Seems for me like the ignition is way to retarded but the A/F is starting to get better.
-EDIT- Deleted old msq
Last edited by MR2turbo on Tue May 27, 2008 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markus
Lillegul
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Lillegul »

Time to udate this thread now Markus? Hehe

BTW folks, this car is running really strong already at 0.5bar boost now :yeah!:
MR2turbo
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by MR2turbo »

hehe.. oki, lillegul...

I'm up running on 0,5 bar and it's running really smooth. I will go to a dynapack with it next week, to gain some Nm at cruising.. I''m using this car as my daily driver so I want it to be fuel efficient. I'f everything works out well, I might be tuning it for more max HP as well. :P

here's the latest msq as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Markus
podge
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by podge »

hi markus sorry havnt been on for a long time now. the 1uz is in a mk1 mr2 not running as yet as im still fabricating parts but one of the members in our club has got his running on megasquirt not sure how his tunning is as yet but it is running and going well how s yours running any more issues or have you sorted them out all the best podge
MR2turbo
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by MR2turbo »

podge, .....even longer time... hehe... That sounds good :) Arne is a friend here in Norway, his 1UZ-MR2 seems wild now.. haven't got chance to see it live yet.. I helped him getting the engine :-)

I sorted out some signal problems by adding bigger ground wires. elswhere it's just running smooth now.. cruising around with 395hp and 610nm at 0.5bar. i'm into testing my 044 bosch pump to see that it's not worn and one day I vill boost more and gain some more hp.. and alot more nm.. hehe how's your mr2 1UZ project going?
Markus
podge
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by podge »

hi markus even longer time :lol:
glad to hear your project is running well. they are impresive figures. havnt had time to finish my project as yet but hope to do so this year. arnie`s car is going realy well i think how small a world is it will post up when mine is completed all the best podge