91 MR2 Turbo USDM GenII 3sgte

Toyota, Lexus.
Big Thurs
MegaSquirt Newbie

91 MR2 Turbo USDM GenII 3sgte

Post by Big Thurs »

The car is a 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo with an unopened and origional motor with 190,000 miles.

Mods are as follows; ATS TD06 turbo kit, intake, full 3" open exhaust

Ms info: MSnS 029y (MS1), V3 board, EDIS

I finally feel that it is running reliably and well enough now to call it a "success!"

I still need to finish up some hardware things like switching the IAC resistor pack wires so I can use closed loop, debugging my knock circuit, and setting up water injection and a supplemental fuel injector.

EDIT: 98 Mazda 626 4-cyl plug wires are a near perfect fit!

I have posted my latest msq and a brief datalog. That was the first time getting into boost on MS!
Stay tuned for updates!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
91 MR2 Turbo on V3 MSNE-e HR11D
Alesagol
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 91 MR2 Turbo USDM GenII 3sgte

Post by Alesagol »

Hey I got running a 94 JDM 3sgte on a 91 MR2 shell, I will post my msq's later so we can share. Right now Im having some problems with the rpm reading, (im using the sensor inside the distributor). Let me know how you adapted your edis. Thanks, Ale
Alesagol
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Alesagol »

Here is the msq im using right now, it could be a little advanced on the ignition map but it works fine to me. Notice that i have diferent injectors so different req fuel as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Big Thurs
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Big Thurs »

My tach is triggered by flyback from the coils as described at the bottom of the Tach Out section (http://www.msextra.com/manuals/MS_Extra ... m#tachoout)

I cannot remember the breakdown voltage of the zener diode, but I think it was like 18v. I havn't had the time to experiment with different zeners. Oh yeah, I basically made a cable with the diodes heatshrinked in and soldered one end to the coils and soldered a small terminal on the other end and stuck it in the stock igniter plug (pin 4, I believe) for the tach.

The msq that I origionally posted is a bit advanced across the board on ignition timing, and at the time my missing tooth was way off so I had a huge offset on timing. I have repositioned the VR sensor and now I'm only about 10 degrees off.

At the moment I have installed extra injectors and need to put the intake manifold back on, then pressure test the new a2w setup, then maybe I can drive it again!
Alesagol
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Alesagol »

Hey I was wondering if you could take a picture of your edis crank toothed wheel. I'm thinking to go for an edis after trying to use the stock dizzy for a while. Would it be to hard the installation?
Big Thurs
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Big Thurs »

Well, I have some news...The car runs pretty freakin well!
First off, I have a new knock circuit that I have not tested. Second, I discovered that I was getting some wierd baro readings in my logs and figured out that I need to pause and let MS boot before cranking...never seen this issue anywhere else and I'm quite baffled by it. Third, I started tuning into boost.
Big Thurs
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Big Thurs »

Just a few more pics.

Oh yeah, I'm almost at 192k miles!