4age 20v Silvertop *Supercharged*

Toyota, Lexus.
Underdog51
MegaSquirt Newbie

4age 20v Silvertop *Supercharged*

Post by Underdog51 »

Another silvertop running good. Engine is stock plus headers, and velocity stacks. I have MS1 V2.2 board. Running MSextra software, Innovate LC-1 wide band, Ford EDIS ignition. VVT kicks on at 4k. Vacuum canister is a must, i did not run one line from eash TB, I just used the existing vacuum port on top, ran it to a canister, then to the MS. It stabilizes the KPA reading. I have not visited the dyno but this thing is running real strong. Full throttle around 12.8-1, Cruises real nice around 14.7 to 15-1. Scroll to the bottom for updated tunes. ****I have not yet loaded a supercharged tuned yet***
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Underdog51 on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Underdog51
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 4age 20v Silvertop

Post by Underdog51 »

More photos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Underdog51 on Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
levitron
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by levitron »

Cant quite see what you did under the itbs.But it still looks good.
Brust
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Brust »

I'm interested in how you mounted the edis unit/sensor. I've got a silvertop running stock electronics on my MG Midget
www.home.earthlink.net/~roethler
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brust.Roethler
manolaq
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by manolaq »

Nice and clean work you have done!! I will using the same setup like yours, in a KP61 Starlet, but with MS-II ver 3.0.

What about the idle speed valve? Did you connect it? I think MS-I is not supporting it.
Underdog51
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Underdog51 »

Well after replacing my spark plug wires due some crossing of signals i am guessing. My car has much better throttle response and required some adjustments. I also noticed my headers were getting really hot. So i put from full throttle to 12.8 from 13.2. Seems to behave much better. I also had to change my accel enrichments alllot. I was getting some crappy throttle response from my wires and had to go back and retune. Here is my latest file. I have a conservative timing advance at 32. I have heard of running higher but i don't have a knock sensor. And I am yet to go to a dyno. The weather is nice today so might go out and try 34 degrees. I am not running idle controller. Wish i could, but you are right, MS1 can't support an idle controller and EDIS. I will get some pics of my sensor mount. I made a plate that fit on the 3 mounting holes for what used to be the front engine mount for FWD. From there I have a 1 inch square tube welded to it. Then a plate from that down to hold the sensor.

Oh when I was all said in done with my vacuum canister, running the 3/8 line to the 2inch pvc pipe with caps, then the 1/8 line to the ECU. My idle is now 60 kpa instead of the 30 running from the manifold. At first I thought it would be worse. But now my maps are way smoother and my KPA reading is very smooth and consistent.
Last edited by Underdog51 on Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Underdog51
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Underdog51 »

I updated my pictures above. I cleaned up the bay with some wiring loom now that i know everything is working well. You can see the pic of the VR sensor, it shows it all. That funny looking curved tubing sticking off to the side you wont need. That is so I can reverse mount my altenator and bolt a s-14 supercharger. The factory alt bracket for a supercharger wont work in my car due to my steering shaft. I also rerouted the water line from the head to the pump to squeez the SC in close. My s-12 is all worn out but when i get a plenum and s-14, its on. I have a plenum designed to boost the 4 throttles but it is difficult in my car due to little clearance issues to the hood. I am refusing to cut a hole in my hood, it looks too clean right now. hehe
Underdog51
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Underdog51 »

Well after a nice day of some tuning and datalogging. This is my final tune I will keep until a dyno day.
lotus3.14.09b.msq
manolaq
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by manolaq »

Do you have a closer pic of the tooth wheel? I would like to get an idea how you mounted it on the pulley

Thanks!
bzr se7en
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by bzr se7en »

Hi
I am looking at doing the same conversion on a Blacktop 4ag in a lotus 7 type car. I am interested if you tried the OEM ECU first? At present I'm using the OEM ECU and it runs real lean, I believe because the inlet and exhaust is so much less restrictive. I can (almost) fix the problem by winding up the fuel pressure.
I am keen to be megasquirt'n as soon as possible and solve this issue.