Jaguar E-type Series3 V12

TeckniX
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Jaguar E-type Series3 V12

Post by TeckniX »

HI Philip,
I'm bringing this thread back up from the dead, as I'm helping a friend convert his e-type to EFI.
I knew that the HE manifolds was the way to go and that megasquirt was the right tool - All of the info here has been a huge help so far to plan ahead.

A couple of questions remain:
- What basemap did you start with? Are you willing to share your current tune?
- Do you have any specs for the crank trigger wheel setup?
- Any info on the relays needed and the extra black box for the tach signal?
- HE year used to get all of the different parts: manifold, throttle body, sensors, ignition setup?

This will be my first megasquirt install and I'm not too familiar with the items provided or not with it - I come from the AEM/haltech world where usually you get a nice package with everything needed, so any additional info to make sure I can re-create your setup would be great!

Thanks.
Philip Lochner
Helpful Squirter

Post by Philip Lochner »

TeckniX wrote: - What basemap did you start with? Are you willing to share your current tune?
I used the basemap from my V12 XJS which I also 'squirted. If you PM me your email address I will send you my map.
TeckniX wrote: - Do you have any specs for the crank trigger wheel setup?
That you will find on my own web site: www.jaguardiy.net. Look for the Dual EDIS info where I have downloadable pdfs with all that info.
TeckniX wrote: - Any info on the relays needed and the extra black box for the tach signal?
I used seperate relays for 12V feed to fuel rail, 12V feed to ignition system and 12V feed to WBOs - not that you have to, I just wanted to be able to switch each one off individually for testing purposes. I sell the DESC module at $80 each and that includes shipping.
TeckniX wrote: - HE year used to get all of the different parts: manifold, throttle body, sensors, ignition setup?
Any HE will do from '81 onwards. I'm not sure what a Marelli ignition equipped engine (I think '89 onwards) looks like but I recon even that should work.

Please note that the Jag injectors are LOW IMPEDANCE. You should therefore build the MS with that in mind. There are several mods which I recommend you implement which can be found on the troubleshooting page of the manual. OR you should get Peak and hold boards to drive the injectors with OR you should find a solution with high impedance injectors.

Enjoy !
Kind regards
Philip
My MS projects: viewtopic.php?t=20086
TeckniX
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by TeckniX »

Thank you for the prompt and additional details - I'll be sure to report back once this project gets going!

:yeah!:
TeckniX
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by TeckniX »

Btw, where can your “DESC” (Dual EDIS Signal Conditioning) module be purchased from?
I figured I might as well help your R&D in creating this little device :)
Philip Lochner
Helpful Squirter

Post by Philip Lochner »

Looks like you missed it in my previous reply? I sell the DESC module myself. Will send you mail in this regard.
Kind regards
Philip
My MS projects: viewtopic.php?t=20086