2000 RHD Civic

Honda, Acura
Rhdhybrid
MegaSquirt Newbie

2000 RHD Civic

Post by Rhdhybrid »

My car is a 00 civic with a jdm right hand drive conversion. Feelz wide body, integra front end, and full kit. Shaved all the moldings and door handles. Shaved the trunk, custom plate and fuel filler's. Rear disc conversion, coil-overs, type r front/rear swaybar's, custom frame strength'ning and body light'ning The motor's a B20z with a .20 shave. Stage 1 cams, head is mildly ported(gasket matched, cleaned up), B18a intake manifold, 235cc injectors, 4-1 egay header. 3" exhaust(remains of blown turbo motor), and aluminium rad. The project has taken me 6 years to finish(well they are never really done......) to this point. I'm running a MS2 with 2.86 firmware, Bip 373 mod, Fuel and Spark. Aceel Super coil, msd cap and wire's. Using the Stock 4 tooth Vr Wheel in Dizzy, and the all important Innovate LC-1 and Gauge.

Everything seems to be working great so far, I have a 2000 kms on the current tune. It is a steady learning curve, as I understand the program, the car is getting better. :D So here are acouple pics and my current tune with a data log. Feel free to have a look and give me some pointers. There is a miss every now and again, it's completely random, thinking it is a shady rotor or cap, but might it be a noisy vr signal?? Since the log, I got my Accel enrich. straightened up abit, and my afr's are abit richer up top. in the 13.1 to 13.5 range.

July3105 024.jpg
b20zRicherhopefully.msq
stop123.xls
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rhdhybrid
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 2000 RHD Civic

Post by Rhdhybrid »

I haven't updated in quite abit, I'm still running the MS2/X 2.1.0 Release. I recently, well over the winter I started to rebuild my motor and do some other mods. I was going to go turbo but as I have three under my belt it was time for something new. Enter the Eaton M62. I got a GM Blower off a 3800. So the first thing I had to do was reverse the rotation of the blower. Not hard, just flipped the rotors over and milled the housing so the bolts would fit back in. Eaton really doesn't want you at it...... So anyway, on to the good stuff, I cut a B16 manifold in a bandsaw and welded a piece of Quarter Aluminium plate on to it.

After I welded the plate on I began to machine the intake runners out. One left to do in the pic.

Quick Test Fit.

Then came the Blower Mounting Plate. Also the orientation of the blower was figured out.

Failed Attempt.

Next I started to make the Plenum.

And the finished Product. Well it needs a serious polish but it is done.

I moved on to making my own Crankcase Vent system, mostly copied a Endyn system, but made my own. Fisrt I Welded acouple of bungs onto the Valve cover.

Made a catch can.

If anyone noticed there is no Idle air controller in the intake manifold, I wanted to put it in there but it just was the easiest option, I decided to make it outboard and mount it to the firewall. So this is how I did it.

The only piece I had left to make was the Throttle Body to Blower tube. I made it out of thin wall intercooler tube. I didn't see the need to make it stronger.

And Last but not least the finished product, all painted up. Not in the car, but it will be soon. The block is a CRV B20Z. The Head is a B16a PR3. I have Ferrera half over valves, new Seats and the ports are opened right up. 7 degree taper from the start of the runner to the Valve. The Valves are also unshrouded, reshaped the combustion cahambers. It has a Cometic .74 Custom Head Gasket. Arp Head and Rod Studs.

The pics are all taken with my cell so quality can be questionable...... To come I'll be putting the engine in the car, and modding my V3 for Wasted Spark-COP with 4 Bip 373's. 36-1 Wheel and CBR 929rr Coils.
preludefan
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 2000 RHD Civic

Post by preludefan »

thats tops mate, the s/c manifold is a work of art! are you using the stock honda ignitor?
ThomasTedsmall
MegaSquirt Newbie

2000 RHD Civic

Post by ThomasTedsmall »

there is mild differences in rhd and lhd. is your integra j spec, or euro?