Mercedes 300CE-24v MS1 v3,0

Mercedes.
shisamo
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Mercedes 300CE-24v MS1 v3,0

Post by shisamo »

Thanks alot.
Im gonna use a 1 spark output and 1 coil , with a coil that get it from nissan car.
I understand now. So what color is the wire? and where is it locate in the stock position ?

hope everything will work

Thanks again
keragez

Post by keragez »

Great work!

It would be nice to see a wasted spark install on that. Didn't your client want to get rid of the distributor?
What was the reason you didn't reuse the stock coolant temp. sensor instead of making a hole in the water pump?

I'm in a middle of ordering parts for my m117 e56 conversion.
Will the engine tune well with 252cc/min injectors I've got from a mustang?
And what diameter should the fuel rail have? Will dash 6 be OK?
This stock engine with ke-jetronic does about 279hp. Do you think there will be any gain with the MS setup?
It's not 1-st priority why I'm doing the conversion, but that would be nice to have some more HP under the pedal :twisted:

Cheers
PUMPISH
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by PUMPISH »

shisamo wrote:Thanks alot.
Im gonna use a 1 spark output and 1 coil , with a coil that get it from nissan car.
I understand now. So what color is the wire? and where is it locate in the stock position ?

Thanks again

The cable is green/yellow and you can find it under the stock fuelpump relay.

Why not using stock coil, it is very strong and you can have low dwell as max 2,5 wich makes to get real high rpm :P
PUMPISH
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by PUMPISH »

keragez wrote:Great work!

It would be nice to see a wasted spark install on that. Didn't your client want to get rid of the distributor?
What was the reason you didn't reuse the stock coolant temp. sensor instead of making a hole in the water pump?

I'm in a middle of ordering parts for my m117 e56 conversion.
Will the engine tune well with 252cc/min injectors I've got from a mustang?
And what diameter should the fuel rail have? Will dash 6 be OK?
This stock engine with ke-jetronic does about 279hp. Do you think there will be any gain with the MS setup?
It's not 1-st priority why I'm doing the conversion, but that would be nice to have some more HP under the pedal :twisted:

Cheers
I dont know, he wanted just get rid of k-jet.
But he wanna switch to M103 in the future so maybe then we run wasted spark

M103 makes much bigger different to switch to standalone then M104.

To be honest M104 is a mercedes misstake engine and thats why it was producing only for about 2 years...

M103 is the "crap" :twisted:
I use bosch clt sensor with a same m14 thread as a stock sensor so it is just bolton :lol:

I belive that stock k-jet sensor is totaly wrong Ohm

Yes dash 6 will be just great!
shisamo
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by shisamo »

PUMPISH wrote:

Thanks again

Why not using stock coil, it is very strong and you can have low dwell as max 2,5 wich makes to get real high rpm :P

But how ??? isnt it the MS unit cant control the CDI coil ? Thats the reason i seraching around to find one coil to replace the OEM one ....The only one way that can make MS unit to control CDI coil is plug the MSD thing in the middle between this two item ...but ...i think the set up is not easy by using hall sensor with two trigger....
PUMPISH
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by PUMPISH »

shisamo wrote:
PUMPISH wrote:

Thanks again

I made over 10 mercedes MS instal with a stock coil setup and it works just great every time.

But how ??? isnt it the MS unit cant control the CDI coil ? Thats the reason i seraching around to find one coil to replace the OEM one ....The only one way that can make MS unit to control CDI coil is plug the MSD thing in the middle between this two item ...but ...i think the set up is not easy by using hall sensor with two trigger....
I made over 10 mercedes MS instal with a stock coil setup and it works just great every time.

Now I run only 1,7 s dwell
FSG_PB_Patrick
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by FSG_PB_Patrick »

I've got a pal, that owns a W124 with a M103 2,6L and automatic gear, sportline edition. He's sort of unhappy with the fuel consumption with the k-jet tronic and wants to convert to MS somehow. We've been invesitgating the intake manifold and didn't find electrical injectors that match the original ones in length, so he's worried if you take short injectors, idle and idle control will suck.
Are there any injectors you can recommend for the M103 Manifold?

I've made 3 MS installs for Formula Student Cars, so my prob is only the injector fitting in the manifold. I guess I already found the missing tooth wheel on the crank in front of the engine.

Cheers
PUMPISH
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by PUMPISH »

FSG_PB_Patrick wrote:I've got a pal, that owns a W124 with a M103 2,6L and automatic gear, sportline edition. He's sort of unhappy with the fuel consumption with the k-jet tronic and wants to convert to MS somehow. We've been invesitgating the intake manifold and didn't find electrical injectors that match the original ones in length, so he's worried if you take short injectors, idle and idle control will suck.
Are there any injectors you can recommend for the M103 Manifold?

I've made 3 MS installs for Formula Student Cars, so my prob is only the injector fitting in the manifold. I guess I already found the missing tooth wheel on the crank in front of the engine.

Cheers
you can use fuelrail and injectors from the M104 E320 or E280
Or you can buy the aluminum profile and build the fuelrail like we do:

I even have a bolton triggerwheels for M103

FSG_PB_Patrick
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by FSG_PB_Patrick »

Nice, thanks a lot. I'll try to get a hold of those M104 Rail. Glad we don't need to swap the complete intake manifold to M104 :D

I'm sure the engine already has a missing tooth wheel in front, it even has an auxiliary clamp on the left where you can read the signal from the Crank sensor.
keragez

Post by keragez »

PUMPISH,

What about the cam timing(VVT) control?
Is it unused now?
If it is, then some instructions how to control it with MS will be helpful :)

Do you know in what RPM ranges the timing is retarded and advanced in the m119 engine?

UPDATE:
Ok, I've got the RPM ranges from some MB docs, but it also states that it also depends on engine load, but it doesn't give any values.
It would be great if you could tell how do you handle it on the m104's.