im in the process to move this 280 GE from factory K-Jetronic to MS2, V3.0 with EDIS-6 Ignition.
Actually all Sensors are installed as follows:
- IAT: Standard Ford Sensor connected but hanging free.
- CLT: VDO 801/5/5 10x1 Sensor, mounted in "Messbox" on the M110-Engine, most right position
- TPS: First tried to mount Sensor from trigger-wheels.com on the Linkage to automatic transmission, but now mounted on the axle just in front of the throttleplate, in fact the axle is fixed, the TPS itself is turning
- MAP picked up from the connection where the vacuum-advance is mormally connected
- VR-Sensor for EDIS-6: The damping wheel is modified to have 36-1 teeth. Pickup from trigger-wheels.com is mounted on the original mount but a bit adjusted to have a gap of approx 1.5mm between sensor and trigger-wheel.
- Lambda: LC-1. Exhaust was modified to have a plug for the Bosch LSU-Unit just after the second "krÃ¼mmer" (dont know english word for it)
LC-1 Controller and Ignition-Coil was mounted on the Wall at the battery.
EDIS-6 Controller on the LH Siede between normal Stock-Ignition-Controller and Stock-Ignition-Coil. These stock items are still mounted to be able to move back to factory-ignition just in case of...
actually im running ignition on MS2 and EDIS, fuel is still on the k-jetronic, to be changed to MS2 next.
ps: credits to my megasquirt buddy oskar. the project would not have been possible without his workshop-work...
after the process of changing to fuel&spark by the MSII, everything is running very well since approx. 9 month.
The fuel-pressure-regulator is still mounted on top of the engine for testing pupose, but to be mounted aside, when the conversion to the roots-compressor is going on. Im using a 2-wire bosch air-valve for idle-control. actually on MS-Extra 2.1.0 beta, the idle-control is making huge steps forward. First i had some issues getting the closed-loop idle tuned to be fast enough to control idle to be stable when shinting between Rev and 1st gear. with the 2.1.0 the issues seemes to be solved as there are some new algorithms and a bias-control.
Next steps are to mount the idle-valve below the intake-runner and to incorporate the roos-compressor. thanks to my friend oskar, all main parts are available, so its just a matter of time. however, the boost/bypass-control of the e-gas throttle-body for the roots has to be finished.