MB 300E 86 . READY!

Mercedes.
Heribert
MegaSquirt Newbie

MB 300E 86 . READY!

Post by Heribert »

3.0 Liter straight six , 200 hp, was KE Jetronic
Now Megasquirt homecooked PCB ,
Starting with a KE Jetronic car is real easy . Injectors fit directly where the KE squirters used to sit . Some tweaking to fit the TPS. Old wiring harness reused with a adapter socket that goes to MS. Only 7 new wires . Homemade fuel rail in copper. Fuel system otherwise original. Stock EZL ignition system, use TD signal for IRQ. R10 upped to 5600 ohms.
After 20 minutes of tuning car runs perfectly, save hot idle . This will be fixed with an IAS that is controlled by engine temp and position of auto gearbox switch.

Car has 320.000 km on it at MSing , hope for another 320.000 km with MS.

Tommy and Heribert
pentoman
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by pentoman »

Hello.

Thanks for posting this. Is the car still running ok and have you made any changes?

What did you do for a throttle position sensor? or intake air pressure sensor? Also does the car perform better or worse, and is economy better or worse?

Russell
OB6D
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: MB 300E 86 . READY!

Post by OB6D »

Got one too. Want it to run LPG injection and EDIS-6.

Any idea what the trigger pattern(s) for this car is?
From what i've read, there would be 3 60º pulses comming from the flywheel for the EZL ignition, and there's something happening at the crank pully???

Does anyone know, or is this written up already somewhere?
oldbeaver
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by oldbeaver »

Hello! Congratulations! I have a MB 300E myself! Am wondering if installing a Megasquirt to it.

My car is 1990, but almost identical to yours.

Can you tell me if it is worth the try to do it? What are the main outcomes you benefit?
What other equipment will I need for doing it? Any advice from yr experience is very wellcome.

If I install it, I will install a MPGuino also, to monitor fuel consumption on real time.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Oldbeaver
turbonetics
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by turbonetics »

Do you mind to sent me msq tune? I don't have o2 so I can't tune it. :)